September 3, 2019
The Big Horn Conservation District has partnered with Montana Department of Fish, Wildlife and Parks to better protect our waters from aquatic invasive species with the opening and operating of a new watercraft inspection station. The watercraft inspection station is located on Highway 313 between Saint Xavier and Fort Smith and will run until October 26th. The station is open Thursday to Saturday from 7 am to 7 pm.
Tips for a fast watercraft inspection:
- Remove water, mud, and vegetation from boat, trailer, and anchor.
- Remove boat plug and drain.
- Open and towel dry all compartments and live wells.
- Drain ballasts and bilge, wipe bilge areas dry if possible.
- Lower engine/motor to allow water to drain.
- Clear through-hull fitting.
- Be prepared to assist with the inspection.
Always remember to Clean, Drain & Dry your boat and gear every time to help protect our waters.
For more information on watercraft inspection and the importance of protecting our waters please visit cleandraindry.mt.gov.